Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Meet the Owner

We've been doing this blog for a while now and I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself. I am Kenn Bearman and I have owned and operated The Animal Store since 1992. (That's me on the left and, no, my companion is not a resident of The Animal Store. I got to hang out with him while visiting my daughter Becky, who was working at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey.)

People often ask how I came to own a pet shop. Well, I guess you could say I took the scenic route. I have done almost any kind of job you can think of, from bus driver to short order cook, from traditional retail to mail order. My actual college degree is in special education.

Owning a pet store lets me put all my skills and experience to work in one place. Obviously, I get to use my sales and marketing experience, but I also get to use my teaching background, educating customers about animals and pet care.

One of the best parts of my job is getting to know you — the customers who make up The Animal Store community. As a small, local business, we have planted deep roots. I've had the privilege of watching children and pets grow up together. Many of the young people in our community have done internships here, volunteered here as part of the Junior Critter Crew, or gotten their first jobs here. I take great pride in working with and teaching our staff and volunteers. Watch this space and get to know our current staff and helpers, as well as to see where former members of The Animal Store family are now.

In addition to our blog presence, we are in the process of revamping The Animal Store Website. I hope if you are in the area, you will stop in and visit the store in person. To our cyber community, I hope you'll bookmark our blog and Website and visit often. I look forward to meeting all of you.

I look forward to hearing from you, too, so leave a comment by clicking here. Mention this post and get 10% off* any single item on your very next purchase.
*Expires 11/30/08

No comments: