According the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, children raised with pets show many benefits:
- "A child who learns to care for an animal, and treat it kindly and patiently, may get invaluable training in learning to treat people the same way."
- "Taking care of a pet can help children develop social skills."
- "Developing positive feelings about pets can contribute to a child's self-esteem and self-confidence."
- "Positive relationships with pets can aid in the development of trusting relationships with others."
- "A good relationship with a pet can also help in developing non-verbal communication, compassion and empathy."
Avoid the crowds — unlike the mobs clambering for Zhu Zhus, we have hamsters available and in stock for the holidays here at The Animal Store, with a knowledgeable, friendly staff that can answer all your questions. Family fun with your own pet hamster will continue long after the Zhu Zhu has been forgotten in the box.
The Zhu Zhu Pet Hamster House House Starter Set with Mr. Patches toy hamster retails for $84.99. The Animal Store Hamster Starter set includes:
- CritterTrail Starter Habitat with quiet exercise wheel, water bottle and food dish, with expandability ports to add on accessories
- hamster treats
- and a REAL live young hamster — that you get to name yourself!
Everything you need for family fun all for just $50.
Come in and ask what pet is right for you and your family. And leave a comment here about how caring for a real life pet changed your life.